There are many little things you can do to help prevent becoming a victim of theft and burglary. For example, having a local electrician install motion lights on your property is a great way to create deterrents for potential burglars. These people seek out dark homes and businesses with low lighting when considering breaking in.
Here are some other security options to protect your property:
- Leave a light on when your not home at night to give the impression that someone is there.
- Install motion detector and/or landscape lighting around your property.
- Plant stick bushes in front of vulnerable windows and trim or remove large bushes that block windows.
- You can’t trust all 500 of your Facebook “friends”. Try not to post your vacation plans on Facebook.
- If you go on vacation, have someone collect your mail and check on your home.
- Remove or hide your GPS device when you’re car is unattended. (Your home address is likely programmed in it.)
- Install deadbolts on any doors leading to the exterior of your home.
- Never leave doors and windows unlocked. (Even during the day when you’re home.)
- Consider closed circuit cameras outside your home that you can watch from your mobile device or computer.
- Consider an affordable security system with burglary and fire coverage.
Contact us and see how Atlantic Alarm can provide you with not only quality equipment and professional installation, but superior customer service and fast monitoring all at a more affordable rate than other big alarm companies.
Atlantic Alarm Systems and Services
1806 Hwy 35 Suite 303F
Ocean, NJ 07712